Wedding etiquette rules don’t just apply to the bride and groom. There is a laundry list of dos and don’ts that you as a guest should follow. Here are 5 of the most important rules that guests should live by.
1. RSVP – Take the time to RSVP. This is the first and quite possibly most important rule. Do not show up unannounced and do not bring a guest if you did not RSVP for one.
2. Be On Time – Weddings are notorious for starting late but that doesn’t mean you should follow suit! Don’t be late, and as a bonus, the earlier you arrive, the better seat you will get for the ceremony.
3. Don’t Drink Too Much – The reception is a giant party that a lot of times includes free booze; and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love free booze? But don’t push your limits! Getting wasted in front of the bride and groom’s family and friends is not a good look!
4. Don’t Complain or be Disrespectful –We all like to complain every once in a while, it’s human nature. Just as it is human nature to have different tastes and cultural backgrounds. So save that talk for after the wedding. Do not be disrespectful, rude or offensive to the bride and groom who have invited you to share in their special day.
5. Have Fun – Weddings are fun! Enjoy yourself and celebrate this special occasion! The bride and groom want you at their wedding and they want you to enjoy yourself!