With the intense our Seattle weather has given us and just will continue for the remainder of the summer and into fall, the most important thing is to stay cool and hydrated on your wedding day.
Here are some tips to make sure you are not overcome by the heat and sun:
- Sunscreen is absolutely vital, especially if any of your wedding is taking place outdoors. Be sure to cover up any exposed skin, and to use a different product for your face. Matt sunscreens are available if you want to avoid a shiny look.
- Dehydration is absolutely horrible, and it’s easy to forget to drink water when you’re busy greeting guests or partying under the stars. Ask one of your bridal party to keep an eye on how much H2O you’re consuming, and to bring you a glass of water every so often.
- Ask your hair stylist and make-up artist to consider the weather when they’re planning your look. Special make-up products are available to withstand the heat, while an up-do will always last better in the heat and humidity than a down-do will.
- While an outdoor venue is wonderful when the weather is fine, we recommend also having an air-conditioned room where guests (and you!) can go to cool off for a bit. A shaded area is also a must. Your guests will certainly to thank you!
- Umbrellas are a great and fun accessory for the bride and her ladies to help beat the heat and will look great in photos. Also, free standing umbrellas are a great way to shade the guests but steer away from guests popping up their own umbrella right in front of the photographer.