After the outfits are selected and the shoes are picked out, there’s nothing better than a little something extra to jazz up your bridal party. Here is a list of fun little accents you can add to your men and ladies’ apparel on your special day.
1. Headpieces. Whether it’s a gem engrained or floral influenced headband, crown hair pin or comb, hair accessories are always a beautiful addition to any bridal party attire. For instance, if you’re going for a vintage look, a flapper inspired hair accessory is a chic addition to your ladies’ garb. This idea can be complimented by all the groomsmen wearing vests and/or sporting Panama hats, Homburg hats, or fedoras.
2. Bouquet additions. Pinning in gems to your bridal party’s bouquets or wrapping them in satin ribbons of your wedding colors is another great idea. Adding a small accent to your flowers is a delicate way will bring a distinctive flare to your bridesmaids’ style. If you have a little something shiny to pin to your men’s coats close to their boutonnieres, by all means do so.
3. Matching bracelets. It doesn’t have to be specifically a bracelet; any matching jewelry such as necklaces or rings will make your girls feel special and stick out from the rest of the crowd. Adding a little sparkle as your ladies glide down the aisle will brighten your whole day! Matching cufflinks are an exceptional way to mirror this idea for your groomsmen and keep the theme consistent throughout the bridal party as a whole.
4. Robes. Before the ceremony even begins, bring some uniformity to the dressing room! Matching robes while you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle are a fun way to unite your bridal party and make everyone feel how special they are and the huge role they play in your big day—because they are and they do! Groomsmen can join in the fun by wearing the matching robes as well…but they might feel even classier it if they have a cigar accompanying said robe.
5. Jackets/shawls/shrugs. If it’s a winter wedding, faux fur shawls are a gorgeous adornment for your ladies’ shoulders serving not only the purpose of being high fashion, but also keeping them warm! If you two are having a summer wedding or somewhere in between, lightweight jackets, shrugs and other cover-ups are equally as adorable and practical for whatever weather may come. These don’t all have to match either, but can follow a similar style/color scheme making for a pretty picture. For men, try tuxedo scarfs to add an elegant touch.
Adding a little treasure here and there amongst your bridal party can make your day that much more magical. Sometimes, an accent that holds sentimental value can be the finishing touch that your celebration needs, and makes it shine in a light that’s all its own. Do you have an accessory that holds significance in your heart and is unique to who you are as an individual? If you do, don’t be afraid to find a way to incorporate it into your special day by adorning your beautiful bridal party.