Unveiling a sweet treat toward the end of your celebration is just the icing on the cake (pun intended) for a well-executed, fabulous event. Do you want to get creative with your dessert of choice on your special day, or are you more of a traditional couple? What about both? Whether you decide upon a cornucopia of desserts, or stick with just one, here are a few different options on how to make your sweet fantasies come true!
1. Classic cake. First and foremost; we have the classic cake. One, two, three tiers…the choice is yours. Display a small two tiered cake and serve an equally tasty sheet cake prepped behind the scenes to your guests, and enjoy the small cake with your other half. Or, go big and choose a four tiered cake, and serve this to your guests. Budgeting tip; it will be cheaper to go with the small display cake and sheet cake for your guests. Either option is a good option in our eyes.
2. Cupcakes. Lately there have been quite a few cupcakes coming onto the wedding scene. Why, you ask? Well, they are simple, delicious and easy to serve—making for an easy clean up too! You can arrange and display cupcakes on a vintage appetizer rack or an actual cupcake stand. You can even use them as décor on your dessert table if you are serving more than one treat.
3. Pies. In most cases, the pie gets overlooked and underrated. This is a shame because pies are not only delicious, but in this day and age, they are very unique to the wedding scene. If you are having a wedding in a country setting and you want that warm, home town feel, go for the pie. One of our favorite bakeries in the northwest is the Snohomish Pie Company. Not only do they bake delectable classic pies, but they also bake pie pops and an assortment of mini, bite sized pies. Hot, fresh and flakey to perfection, their creations are anything but ordinary. Check them out for more information!
4. Brownies. Another unappreciated dessert; the brownie. If you are a brownie lover and you don’t know how to make this part of your wedding, fear no more. We are here to let you know that you can serve it through the medium of a cake, a cupcake, or that traditional square brownie you grew up loving. This is your day so choose something you love and you can always make it work.
5. Ice cream sundae bar. Treats are extra delicious when you’re building your own sweet dream and making it exactly the way you want it. Guests will have a blast choosing from a buffet of all the best sundae toppings you have to offer. This is a great idea for a summer wedding when you know it’s going to a bit on the warm side. Everyone always welcomes a cool indulgence on a hot day.
If you can’t choose just one of the above, make it a dessert buffet with an array of different options. You don’t have to decide on just one treat. And if you do, that’s wonderful too! The point of your celebration is to celebrate you and your partner with the people you love. Don’t feel like you have to sacrifice everything you like for fear that your guests won’t…because if they don’t, that means more for you!