Finding the right style, fit and color for all your bridesmaids can be a challenge. As it comes a bit easier for the groomsmen, it can take a little longer for you to narrow down the right match for all your bridesmaids. Here are a few different styling and dress ideas for your ladies and gentlemen walking with you on your special day.
1. Same color palette, different styles. The biggest trend in the wedding world for the last couple of years has been all bridesmaids wearing the same color of dress, but all in different styles. This is a wonderful way to keep your wedding colors consistent while highlighting all of your ladies’ best features. It’s more often than not that your girls will have different body types, and different styles flatter different figures. You can keep your wedding party happy and comfortable while simultaneously showcasing an aesthetically pleasing ceremony with an eclectic mix of dresses that are all within the same color palette.
2. Same style, different colors. The reverse of the above might be more your taste; all bridesmaids in the same style of dress, but different colors. This is especially beautiful with variations of the same color palette. For example, playing a soft lavender in with a deep plum can create visual texture and keep your guests intrigued as each bridesmaid walks down the aisle.
3. Traditional uniform. If you want to follow a more traditional speed, all around same style and color for all your girls is always classy and beautiful. This look compliments the men’s attire especially well if your event will be a military ceremony—it looks crisp and clean.
4. Let your Own Style Shine. A trend we have seen a few times that we have really loved is when a Bride gives her Maids her color palette and lets them choose their dress. This really gives their maids a chance to show their own personality while still working with the bride's vision for her ladies.
5. All in white. An idea immediately accepted across the world with open arms the minute Pippa stepped out of the car with Princess Kate goes against the most traditional rule of all; dress your bridesmaids in white. Putting your wedding party in white gives the overall pictorial effect of a contemporary, yet airy feeling. We don’t recommend this for your groomsmen, as that may be just a little too much. If you decide to go with this idea, be sure to break up all the white with a touch of soft color in your men’s attire.
6. Maid of honor/best man different from the rest. You can do this with color and/or style. Your maid of honor or best man can wear a different color from the rest of the group, or he/she can wear a different style than the others. If you want to take it a step further, put them in a totally different style and color. Or, you can go with any of the options above and simply adorn them with a unique accessory.
7. Suspenders. Everything old is new again, as they say! Suspenders have been trending as of recent because of their simplicity and versatility while still being dressy enough for an important event. These can be worn under jackets for a more formal look, or no jackets for a more laid back, casual appearance. They are a vintage touch for groomsmen in any modern wedding!
There are so many different ways you can dress up or dress down your bridal party and these are only just a few. We hope that whatever you decide upon introduces the true, unparalleled combination of your style as a couple!