When you receive an email from your bride telling you her venue just cancelled on her 2 months before her wedding what do you do? Well first, I had to read her email a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly then I immediately called Hanna to see what happened.
And yes indeed the bride received an email from her venue and quickly I went into action to find out what happened. Within minutes I had the venue manager on the phone who apologized and offered us a few options which included rescheduling their wedding until August (nearly 2 months after their original date and wedding invitations were out as well as vendors contracted for their May date). The biggest issue was this was a destination wedding and they needed a venue which could house nearly all of their wedding guests, oh and this wedding was the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend.
After speaking with my couple who had decided they wanted to keep their wedding date, I was on the phone with more than 20 venues from around the area inquiring about availability. We were beyond blessed to have found Suncaida Resort which had everything our couple needed and more.
Never once did I ever let my couple get discouraged or upset, I knew we would have a wedding on their date and it was going to be the dream wedding they had wanted.
Within days we had secured our new venue and we were up and running and I have to say all of our vendors were so great in the new venue change which was so helpful.
Wedding weekend finally arrived and then we were faced with a new concern….rain. After their rehearsal we decided based on the cold and impending rain we would stick with an outdoor ceremony, which was the most important thing for the couple and move the reception inside which was the best decision we could have made.
I am so happy that we could make Paul and Hanna’s dream wedding happen. What I took away from this wedding was during their marriage license signing, Hanna said this was the wedding she never thought she could had and it exceeded all of her expectations.