During your 20s and 30s you will attend A LOT of weddings. Some will be wild and crazy, some will require travel and some will be unnecessarily complicated. Here are 5 tips to ensure your wedding is easy for your guests to enjoy!
1. Pick a Convenient Date and Time: Although the price point is appealing for a Tuesday night wedding, no one wants to go to that! Keep your wedding on the weekend; Friday, Saturday or even Sunday if you are looking to save money. Scheduling your wedding in the middle of the week will make it hard for guests to attend and will result in a very little 'yes' RSVPs.
2. Include the Location on your Save the Date: This is especially important for a destination wedding! In additional to saving the date, guests will want to make travel plans as early as possible to save money. If you wait until your invites go out to announce the location of your wedding some guests may not be able to make travel arrangements in time.
3. Provide Directions and Lodging Information on the Invitation: Don't make your guests work for your wedding! Provide some type of directions, or the address of the venue at the very least on the invitation. It is also helpful to include nearby lodging options to help out of town guests who are unfamiliar with the area.
4. Have a Substantial Registry: Have a registry big enough for your guest list and make it easy to find. Guests want to pick out a gift that they know you want and will enjoy so give them that option by creating a good and accessible registry.
5. Have a Wedding Website: Wedding websites are a great way to get all your information out to your guest; and most of them are free! Include the link on your save the date and invitation so that your guests can learn more about you, the couple, and your upcoming wedding.
The key is to make everything easy for your guests! The easier the process of being a guest is for them, the more they will be able to enjoy your wedding.